Senior Data Scientist, Applications
MultiScale Health Networks is where the world’s most talented data innovators and healthcare thought leaders are working together to shape a new future for healthcare. Our developers tap into data updates from legacy electronic health records (EHR), and, using the cloud technology ecosystem, open the data for analysis, machine learning, AI and application specific enhancements -- all in real time. We work together and directly with clients, partners, nurses, doctors, and other healthcare providers to unleash innovative new ways to empower care providers by changing how they use EHR data. This makes health data easier to use, easier to interact with, easier to understand, and easier to communicate about. We are an equal opportunity employer that prizes diversity and a positive workplace. We value people with a good sense of humor, the ability to work well with others, self motivation, detailed organizational skills, data driven thinking, and strong work ethic.
Key technical responsibilities include:
- Research, design and build models and simulations that compute predictions from electronic health record data.
- Document and communicate models, software architecture, design decisions, code approach, and socialize these decisions through peer review and architectural review.
- Communicate the statistical ramifications of model design choices.
- Ensure that all of your projects build elegantly (containerized, in continuous integration environment, have thoughtful validation, pass key security tests, etc) with a high degree of automation.
- Embrace a partnership with operations to improve operations, ensure operational excellence through logging, metrics, monitoring, and documentation, and participate in running the software you write.
- Root out performance and reliability issues and make improvements.
- At least five years of hands on work experience, both with building models and writing code.
- Familiarity with machine learning and probabilistic modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience working with extremely sensitive data (PHI, HIPAA, etc.)
- Creative problem solving skills
- Passion for new technology and customer focus